[flgallery id=4 /]
Director: Alex Law Kai-Yu
Producer: Candy Leung Fung-Ying, Mabel Cheung Yuen-Ting
Writer: Alex Law Kai-Yu
Cast: Simon Yam Tat-Wah, Sandra Ng Kwun-Yu, Buzz Chung Shiu-Tiu, Aarif Lee, Paul Chun Pui, Evelyn Choi Wing-Yan, Ha Ping, Alfred Cheung Kin-Ting, Joe Cheung Tung-Cho,Ann Hui On-Wah, Vincent Kok Tak-Chiu, Amy Chum (Tam Yan-Mei), Clifton Ko Chi-Sum, Lawrence Lau Kwok-Cheung, John Clinton Wakefield, Tina Lau Tin-Lau
As seen through the eyes of a kid, the movie depicts Hong Kong in the striving 1960’s.
Nosy, naughty and constantly running into problems, the youngster observes with wit and comedy the ever-changing society of Hong Kong.
The narrative revolves round the kid and his family – a working class dad, a happygo-lucky mom, an aspirant, starryeyed elder brother, and our young protagonist himself. Throughout the elder brother’s first romance, along with the family’s encounters with love, hope, failure, death and rebirth, we travel back to a spot called old Hong Kong, a time we’ll always remember, and also a location we’ve always called home.
Awards and nominations
- 29th Hong Kong Film Awards
- Won: Best Screenplay (Alex Law)
- Won: Best Actor (Simon Yam)
- Nominated: Best Actress (Sandra Ng)
- Won: Best New Performer (Aarif Lee)
- Nominated: Best New Performer (Chung Shiu To)
- Won: Best Original Film Song (Lowell Lo, Alex Law and Aarif Lee)
- 60th Berlin International Film Festival
- Crystal Bear for the Best Film in the Children’s Jury “Generation Kplus”
- 83rd Academy Awards
- Best Foreign Language Film (not nominated)
Main Theme Song