Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK): The public-service broadcaster operates seven networks in Cantonese, English and Mandarin. RTHK runs two radio stations in English 24 hours a day:
Radio 3: global and Local news, conversations and easylistening music on the following frequencies depending on location:
1584 AM / 106.8 FM
Live on-line program
Radio 4: The channel plays predominantly classical music and some jazz on 97.6-98.9 FM
The BBC World Service is available round the clock via RTHK’s Radio 6
Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited: Metro Radio Hong Kong includes three radio stations. They feature information, finance and show-biz with some programming in English. Most probable to be of interest to English speakers is Metro Plus on 1044 AM, which broadcasts in a number of languages including English.
Hong Kong FM: Online radio station in Hong Kong. Choose from today’s music, Top 40 countdowns, classic hits and 80s music.
Commercial Radio Hong Kong: There are a number of stations but only one in English on the AM waveband, 864 AM. It is mostly a non-stop music channel playing a diverse range of tunes.
Radio on the Internet: English-language stations online
- For a fairly comprehensive list of the many stations available online: Click here
- Directory of over 13,000 radio stations: Streema Online Radio Stations
Alternatively, select one of the stations below for (relatively) instant access to live radio!
- To reach links to any of the BBC Radio stations: Click here
- The BBC World Service (RealPlayer) (Windows Media)
- Voice of America on VOA NewsNow
- CNN (RealPlayer) (Windows Media)