Address: 1 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, established by Government Ordinance in 1984, is a leading tertiary institution in performing arts in Asia. It provides professional undergraduate education and practice-based postgraduate studies in Dance, Drama, Film and Television, Music, Theatre and Entertainment Arts, and Chinese Traditional Theatre. Its education philosophy reflects the cultural diversity of Hong Kong with emphasis on Chinese and Western traditions, and interdisciplinary learning.
The Academy has the following Schools/discipline:
– School of Dance
– School of Drama
– School of Film and Television
– School of Music
– School of Theatre and Entertainment Arts
– Chinese Traditional Theatre
Academic programmes can be obtained by all the five Colleges from post secondary Diploma level to Bachelor Honours Degree level. The Academy was granted degree granting status in 1992 following an accreditation by the Hong-Kong Council for Educational Accreditation. The Degree programmes of your Academy are externally validated by that Council.
The heart of training for the performance arts is performance it self, and also the Academy is certainly one of Hong Kong’s most significant performance centers. Student play, opera, dance productions, concerts and recitals receive through the year and so are open to people. In inclusion, the Academy plays host to visiting musicians, play and dance companies, local and global.
The Academy in its great site to the Wanchai waterfront, homes a complex of efficiency sites which are thought to be amongst the best within the planet due to their design and up-to-day gear. The performance places of the Academy are managed by means of a Places Department which supplies inhouse technical, client services and box office support for your Academy’s own productions and also for external hirers like professional companies. Academy pupil performances are open for the general public.
The campus site was furnished by the Hong-Kong Authorities, which fulfills the yearly capital and continuing expenses of the Academy. At the inception of the association, the Hong Kong Jockey Club contributed HK$300 million to cover the development expenses of the structures which opened in 1985.
The Academy will try to devote its extreme exertions to realise its eyesight to get:
– an internationally recognised establishment of excellence in the provision of coaching and teaching in all areas of the associated practical arts, the performing arts, and television and movie;
– an institution dedicated to the encouragement of ability, imagination, wisdom and techniques in the conservation and evolution of the finest traditions inside the performance arts, the related technical arts and movie and video as well as creation of ideas and appropriate utilization of technology for potential advancements in such fields;
– a premium institution of higher education where pupils are well-trained and educated in their own respective professional disciplines in both recognized and new forms of creative expression, and being subjected for the widest possible spectrum of other arts areas, becoming well-ready for a dynamic career in the artworks and associated professions, and being completely-outfitted forever-long enhancement and future changes;
– an association that encompasses a broad range of educational programmes to publish-graduate degree and a complementary programme of continuing training and professional brief courses and extension and outreach activities for young and mature citizens inside the performance arts, the related technical arts and film and video; and
The School is definitely a fascinating, effective and especially else purposeful institution. Its superb staff give you the best quality instruction and training. The really gifted students, who emerge in the ending of their studies, are creative and responsive individuals, prepared for the challenges of a specialist career.