Lo Wu (LuoWu) lies on the borders between Hong-kong and mainland China, specially the Lo Wu District of the city of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province. The place is the most notable as the place of the very heavily used immigration control point for passengers travelling to and from the mainland.
Lo Wu is the most popular border crossing for people traveling to mainland China because a lot of people choose the East Rail Line, that is really more convenient in comparison with other method of transport. By-passing through Lo Wu, you can reach the busiest business zone of Shenzhen in the least period of time.
Lo Wu Immigration Control Point is really a passenger cross-border point between Hong-kong and Mainland China. It operates daily from 6:30am to midnight (P.S. Guanggang cross-border opens for 24-hours).
Bus -> Train -> Lo Wu
- Take bus A21 (fare 33 HKD) all the way to Hung Hom stop on the light blue East Rail Line. From there you take the East Rail all the way to Lo Wu (42 minutes, fare 33HKD), walk across the border then you’ll be at Luohu (in Shenzhen) already.
- Take bus A43 (fare 29.2 HKD) to FanLing, get off the bus at Stop 4: CHEUNG WAH ESTATE. Aross the estates (10 minutes), you’ll see MTR station. Get on the train, right the way to Lo Wu, it takes 8 minutes and 20.5HKD for fare to pass 1 more station.
- Take MTR (fare 40.5 HKD) to Lo Wu. It has 4 interchanges.
- 1st interchange station Tsing Yi, then get on the yellow line (Direction to Hong Kong station)
- 2nd interchange station Lai King, then get on the red line (Direction to Central Station)
- 3rd interchange station Prince Edward, then get on the green line (Direction to Tiu King Ling Station)
- 4th interchange station Kowloon Tong, then get on the light blue line (Direction to Lo Wu)
If you can successfully pass each check point, it only takes 78 minutes from airport to Lo Wu, for more details, please visit the MTR Planner.
Other Helpful Links: